What is HANGRY? Hangry is a term that combines hunger with angry. It is an adjective that describes irritability during hunger.
How can you prevent from getting HANGRY during fasting? Here are 5 easy tips:
- Don’t mistake dehydration for hunger. Quite often, when hunger waves come, we are dehydrated rather than hungry. Make sure you keep your stomach filled with water to avoid hunger.
- Drink green tea or coffee. These stimulants will suppress your appetite. Try and drink at least 2-3 cups per fast.
- Brush your teeth. This will easily abate the hunger. The minute you feel hungry, drink a ton of water and then brush your teeth.
- Keep yourself active and flowing. Eight to ten hours in a busy work day can fly when you are busy. Keep yourself hydrated and food will be the last thing on your mind.
- Get enough sleep. You must rest about 6-8 hour per night you are fasting.
- Get a good quality vegetable broth or bone broth. This is controversial, but when starting fasting, it’s a good idea.